I got mine fixed after about a year of asking questions and not getting helpful answers. It is the dream of every online writer or blogger to have his/her personal adsense account either to use on other websites or on their personal websites. It used to be quite easy to get an adsense account but It could take a long time of struggle now before one is able to get one. Some people take years of trying. It is heart breaking whenever one sees a rejection message after an eager application, especially if one has done all needed, followed all the guidelines.
Finally you are able to get an account in your name, but there is a new problem you have to combat, the problem of making if fully functional. There are many adsense applicants worrying about this statement. It took me over a year to fix mine. It was funny and annoying at the same time when I discovered I had wasted time for nothing. It was only lack of understanding. It was a solution I couldn’t get anywhere even on forums. That is what I wish to share in this post.
What is google adsense?
You are a publisher if you post articles, pictures or videos on websites. When you do this, you wish to earn from it. That is what google adsense helps you to achieve. It does this by placing targeted adverts on your publications. As visitors view your posts, they equally view or click on the adverts on them, and you get paid, especially if purchases are made. The advertisers who want to promote and sell their products create the ads and pay google to display them on sites like yours.
How I got my adsense account
I have been a writer on hubpages for about seven years. The basic requirement to earn from your writing on this platform is you must have an approved adsense account. I applied several times for my own account but the message kept coming – “sorry we are not able to approve your application…” or something like that. I decided to tryout building my own site and applying through it. It might make it easy. With it, I was able to get infolinks and media.net approval but not adsence. Eventually, it came, but not in the same way of others. I never got a message of approval. I decided one day to carelessly reapply, because I was at this time already giving up, and I got the information that the email I was using was attached to an adsense, and the ID was displayed. That was a surprise. So I went to adsense and logged in where I met the statement:
…. We are working on setting you up. This may take two days….
I shouted with joy. At last I have my own adsense account. But two days came and went, two weeks came and went, two months did the same. I started asking questions but no answer solved my problem. I sent a complaint to adsense. Nothing happened to help me. But it was something little I needed to do. I had placed mIn two days, I got the account completedy ID in its place on hubpages and i could see some cents now coming in, but my adsense account remained with that troubling message.
How I got the adsense account setup completed in about two days
I almost gave up trying again. I wanted to ignore it as before, but I always went in to try one or two things. Because I discovered it wouldn’t have taken this long for me to get my adsense if only I knew some things I did not know. On my hubpages, all I needed to do was to add my ID; that I did. On my website, the installation process requires copying of the code provided in my adsense account and pasting it in the specified places in the website. I was not sure my own website was ready enough for adsense approval so I was skeptical about using the adsense code on it first since I thought my adsense application was still under review.
Now this was what happened which I needed to have done earlier. I went into my adsense account, went to website, and added my website. This I did for hubpages. In about two days, I got the message:
Congratulations! Your site is now ready to display google ads.
I went back to the account to do the same with my personal website. After a day, I got the message that no adsense code was found on my site. So I understood that my ID represented the code in hubpages. I copied the ad codes and placed them in my website. After about two days also, I got the good message and ads could be displayed on my site.
I hope this message will be helpful to those going through similar problem I went through. If your problem is the same as mine, then you’ve got it done with from this moment. Congratulations.